Red Wheelbarrow Writers invites submissions for our fourth anthology, tentatively titled Spring and All! inspired by William Carlos Williams’ poem of the same name. Williams is often considered an uplifting voice amid the harsh realities of the world, and that is our vision for this anthology:
“—Still, the profound change
has come upon them: rooted, they
grip down and begin to awaken.”
- Submissions open only to current Red Wheelbarrow members on this email list. Please do not forward to others.
- All genres: nonfiction (including memoir), fiction, poetry.
- Each author may submit in one genre—one prose piece up to 3000 words, or up to three poems.
- Previously unpublished work only.
- Submissions are BLIND. Do not include your name or identifying information on the manuscript.
- Do put the genre on the top of the first page of the manuscript.
- Submissions should be in Word, 12 point Times New Roman font, and prose should be double spaced.
- A selection committee will review each submissions and determine acceptance. All accepted pieces will receive editing. In some cases, acceptance will be conditional upon satisfactory revision.
June 1, 2022
- Notification of Accepted/Not Accepted by July 1, 2022
- Final edited pieces due no later than August 25, 2022
- Publication Date: March 2023
- 50 word limit, submitted upon acceptance.
Email submissions to:
We are looking forward to reading your work!
Still have questions? Email email@example.com with any questions.